FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 15, 2021 – iGeneration Youth is launching “Think Outside the Box,” a Magazine Dispenser Design Contest for art students ages 18 and younger.
iGeneration Youth is looking for innovative designs that will help us transform 50 metal, outdoor newspaper dispensers into aesthetically appealing boxes to hold iGeneration Youth and iGeneration Youth for Kids magazines.
Our magazines are currently available at 50 Pittsburgh-area Giant Eagle and Giant Eagle Market District stores. They are also available through select public and private schools, youth organizations, Allegheny County Libraries, and Little Free Library Boxes. However, with schools, organizations, and cultural institutions fluctuating between open, limited services, and closed, we want to guarantee that youth and families will be able to access our publications from a weather resistant structure that withstands the elements and keeps publications dry and protected.
Our ultimate goal is to provide youth and families with up-to-date information, fun features, event listings, and socially-distanced activities.
Submissions will be accepted until February 28, 2021.
The contest prizes include:
- $100 for each design accepted by iGeneration Youth
- Winning designs will be turned into custom magazine dispensers
- Invitation to an award ceremony and celebration unveiling the new dispensers in June 2021 (exact date to be determined)
- Using our template, submit a design that conforms to size specifications
- Sketches must be submitted before proceeding with line art and coloring
- Design must not obstruct window and maintain clear visibility of inside of dispenser and allow for maximum exposure and promotion of publication
- Final designs must be submitted digitally in the following format:
- JPEG or PNG format
- 300 DPI
Please click on each image to see the template.
Please direct questions to [email protected].